Monday, March 19, 2007

Training Log: Entry 378

Deadlifts of 335
5,3,3,2,1

Notes: Form was bad coming back.  Felt a little twinge in my knees.  Drive through the heels, not the toes.  Still, heavy weight.

Dips w/90lbs
5,5,5,2,3

Notes: gave it my all in that third set.  Maybe next time, I'll finish the series.

Bent over rows of 185
5,5,5,5,4

Notes: Form was really wonky on this.  Had to deadlift the bar and then bend over without a mirror to check form.  I'll stick with the weight and perfect the form next time.

Worked my right cross form on the heavybag today.  Wear wraps next time.

Video of me sparring

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XAXLT3hCf7M

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRAboNTqMSk

Some general notes

I lean back way too much, don't draw my punches back nearly fast enough, drop my hands, move backwards, and arm punch most of my straight punches. I'm also pretty flat footed, which most likely isn't helping, and my body shots generally suck. Need to learn how to go light while still keeping good form.

3 comments:

  1. wtf man, dipping an extra 90 lbs is not human. Definitely an awesome accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have really sharp defense. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you.
    PPP: After a year of focusing on it, I'm glad it's coming around a little.

    ReplyDelete