Thursday, November 8, 2007

 Training Log: Entry 494

ME upper day

Close grip bench
Barx3
95x3
135x3
185x3
225x1
275x1
295x1
315x1
325x1

Notes: Wasn't even really tapping into my potential here on CG.  If I kept going, most likely could have hit 335, which woulda been the same as my regular grip bench.  That's plain retarded.  My push press was pretty strong, which makes me think my shoulders are fine, and my triceps seem to be carrying my bench, which leads me to think I somehow have a weak chest.  Complete opposite problem of so many other gym goers.  Need to rectify this.  Thinking of going Ruskie and doing some isometric holds in the power rack at 3 inches off the chest on my next ME day, and switching out CG bench on my DE day with incline DB press.  DE day has been working well, bar was moving ridiculously fast.

Olympic bar skull crushers of 95lbs
8,8,6,6

Notes: Experimenting between tucking and flaring the elbows.  Flaring kills the joints, keep them tucked next time.

Pull-ups of bw
12,5,4,4

Notes: Decided to just try for as many as I can.  The numbers really weren't that different in the later sets, so screw holding off for more.  Maybe time to add some weight.

Kelso lat shrugs of 105lbs
10,9,8,7

Notes: Much better ROM compared to last time.  Keep those arms flexed and locked.  Really blasted my lats, upper back got some recruitment as well, not much in the actual upper traps.  Might try this for a week before switching to more conventional shrugs and some rear delt work thrown in.

Unilateral DB hammer curls of 35
10,8,7

Notes: Tried a technique I've been neglecting of irradiation (or however you spell it).  Squeezed the hell out of the DB, squeezed my glutes, compressed my abs, kept the whole body tight.  Much better results than before.  Totally blasted the movement where I would normally fail.  Need to use this concept in all aspects of lifting.

 

Hovering around 203lbs of bodyweight.  Real hard to put on anymore.  Drinking around half a gallon of milk a day, lots of diary, lots of peanut butter, big dinners and lunches, lots of snacking.  Might invest in a weight gainer.


 

5 comments:

  1. WTF! That must have been one hell of a CGBP session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are you?Do you do a lot of stuff being in the service outside of these logs that keeping you from putting the weight on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 22, and the Air Force isn't making me do a ton of running at the moment, so I don't think that's too much of the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The extra calories from a gainer really make a difference. Do you have any specific weight you want to get up to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing if I can get to 210.  If I could get higher, all the better.

    ReplyDelete