Saturday, November 3, 2007

Training Log: Entry 490

DE lower

Speed box squats of 245
8x2

Notes: Used my squat weight percentage instead of box squat weight percentage on this, kinda a dumb move, but didn't lose too much strength after the first two sets.  Need to get a better box than my bench, too high.

DB lunges of 80lbs
8,8,5

Notes: Used straps on the last set.  The handles of my DBs are too thick for me to wrap my hands around, so the sets really fry my grip.  Straps really didn't even help that much.  Recovered from these a lot better than last time.

SLDLs of 295
8,8,6,6

Notes: Really focused on pulling shoulders back and locking out each deadlift.  I've been letting form get sloppy recently, so it was good to get back to basics.  No touch and gos, just fast reps with weight coming to full stop.  Wasn't as close to puking this time as last time.

 

Will do Ab roller later tonight from knees, neck and grip work tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Box squats rule. You might want to just stack up some plates in the meantime. I've never had a problem of them sliding, but I have a rubber floor. Just neglect to clean yours for a few weeks and it'll be prime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have enough extra plates to stack at the moment, but someday I'll prolly be able to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how are you using your wrist wraps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't quite know how to answer that question, other than to say around the weights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, nevermind, i missed the part about not being able to get your hands around it. That is pretty badass though, I need to get me a pair like that. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're just a pair of standard (as opposed to olympic) adjustable DBs.  The grip on them is a thick rubber handle, and my fingers aren't that long, so I can't really get a full wrap around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like extra thick grips, provides much more grip. I like the ideas of making your bars thicker off grippage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already get enough grip work as it is, I'm trying to minimize it where applicable =P
    Ever try pool noodles around the bar?  They can be a nice quick fix.

    ReplyDelete