Thursday, November 22, 2007

Training Log: Entry 502

ME lower day

Deadlifts
135x3
225x3
315x3
385x3
455x1
490x1 (New PR)
500x1 (New PR)
505x1 (New PR)

Notes: Crushed my goal of a 500lb deadlift before New Years.  Good warm-up, pulle 490 like it was nothing, so just kept climbing up.  No problem breaking the weight off the floor anymore, would tend to make it fly 3-4 inches off the ground and hit a sticking point halfway up.  Hitched a little on the 505, prolly woulda triple red lighted, but it woulda passed strongman.  Got incredible leg drive as opposed to last deadlift session, and my pulls were way faster now that I didn't have to SLDL the entire thing.  Might bee time to work some rack pulling to get past my sticking point.

Cable pull throughs of 145
10,10,10,8

Notes: Wasn't as gassed doing these as I typically am. Maybe my conditioning is improving?

DB side bends of 110
8,6,5,3

Notes: Jumped the weight up a little too fast, but might be time to switch anyway.  Perhaps some cable woodchops or saxon side bends.

 

Might be taking the rest of the week off with thanksgiving.  Might try to squeeze in an ME upper day using one of my brother's gym passes.  Need to work neck and grip more, I've been slacking. 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 500! What are you weighing in at, 210? I hope to have that kind of strength to weight ratio, but at a lower weight, if you understand my meaning,
    Are you working in bridges for the neck? They are isometrics, but they may also help you improve all around neck strength. We train weighted front, weighted back, and rolling (left to right) bridges for wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 202lbs as of last weigh in.  I lost some weight from the new Pug and stress, haven't really been eating or sleeping as much as I need to.  I pulled that 505 off of a double whopper and some tacos. Was trying really hard not to puke.
    I do some bridges for lateral neck work, and use the harness and neck crunches for front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive. I predict higher ME deads when you get big meals, and lots of sleep. I had a Texas Skillet only a half an hour before (as opposed to an hour with another meal) deads yesterday, and I felt pretty weird during rest times.
    The neck harness is on my to buy list, after a few books, and CoC trainer, and #1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always tie a rope around a weight, hold the other end in your teeth, and use that as a harness.  It's an old school method of training, it just might jack up your teeth =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell yeah. Hmm, tieing the rope around the handle of say, a bucket or a paint can could work here...  Hey, increased jaw strength wouldn't be a bad thing by any means!
    Do you have any sites or general information pertaining to correct form for front and back neck crunches?

    ReplyDelete
  6. exrx.net
    Check out their exercise section, and look at neck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That should have been the first place I looked, excellent site. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice deadlift numbers! Celebrate by mixing some of dat der CELL TECH with Red Wine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on reaching the goal, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot folks.  More to come, might get some videos up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'tis the season for PR! Awesome lifting!

    ReplyDelete