Saturday, November 24, 2007

Personal Entry

Don't really know to call this training per se, but went to the firing range for the first time since Field Training back in the Summer of 05.  Amazingly, marksmanship has improved leaps and bounds over the last time.  Tight groupings, everything on target where I was aiming, the whole 9 yards.  Fired .22, .38, .357 magnum, 9mm and 380.  Grip strength was a major factor in keeping the weapon straight and on sight, along with trigger squeezing instead of pulling.

6 comments:

  1. well, now you can say you got some carryover, haha!good stuff, i have a lot more respect for accuracy when I used a rifle for the first time about a year ago (dont ask what kind i couldn't tell ya). Shit was ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm a lot better with riffles and shotguns, but pistols were always my weak point up until today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shotguns, you mean people actually aim with those things? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, try some skeet shooting dude, like old school Clay Pigeons for the NES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story, an instructor in Kuwait told me he bought CoC grippers solely for improving his stability when firing.
    Is going to the range required at certain points by the AF? I'd be down there quite a bit if I had the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did this with my family, wasn't a military thing.  My wife got to shoot too.  She was a great shot on her first try.

    ReplyDelete