Thursday, November 1, 2007

Training Log: Entry 489

ME upper

Push presses
Barx3
95x3
135x3
185x1
225x1 (new PR)
225x1
205x1
205x1

Notes: Man, this was a total shock.  Last time I push pressed in June, 200 was a massive struggle.  225 went up like nothing.  Strength wasn't the issue, only balance.  Feet were stumbling around a little while I attempted to complete the lift.  Did a few lighter sets at the end to avoid tweaking my shoulder/falling down on the cement, but feel like I coulda hit a few more, maybe even a little more weight. 

Olympic bar skull crushers of 90lbs
8,8,6,8

Notes: Remember to pinch those elbows in, don't let them flare.

Pull-ups w/bodyweight
7,7,6,5

Notes: Got greedy again, slow increases are key.  Widened my grip a little bit.  Don't really like shoulder width grip pull-ups.

Kelso lat shrugs w/135
10,10,8,7

Notes: Pulled this out of Kelso's shrug book.  Very akward form.  Lighter weight next time, work on perfecting form.  Right side was pulling more than left.

EZ bar curls of 85
8,7,6

Notes: Done with these, hate them so much.  Hammer curls ahoy.

3 comments:

  1. Hammer curls rule, they're the new bench press.

    ReplyDelete
  2. push press!! attaboy. 85 lb curls? shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My shoulder actually clicks on proper form curls. I think I need to start cheating =P

    ReplyDelete