Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Training Log: Entry 498

ME lower day

Front squats
Barx3
135x3
185x1
225x1
275x1
295x1
305x1
305x1

Notes: First time ever performing this exercise, still learning the movement.  Feels easier to go low on front squats compared to back squats for some reason.  Never really was in doubt of my ability to lift the weight, just my ability to hold onto it.  Did the bodybuilding style arms folded in front of chest style.  Tried the clean grip once, wasn't gonna happen.  I'm not trying to be an olympic lifter, so the arms folded will work for now.  Blasted the quads, and even my glutes, this is a keeper.

Pull throughs of 130
10,10,10,8

Notes: Really taxes my grip on the rope.  Massive lower back pump.  Better job of squeezing glutes at the top of the movement.  Back always feels numb during the exercise.

DB side bends of 100
4x8

Notes: Great ROM today.  Was using the gym, so had full mirrors and smaller diameter DBs.

6 comments:

  1. Funny coincidence that I was set to do front squats for the first time tomorrow. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you folded your arms, did the barbell put a lot of pressure on your shoulders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, have some marks and some bruising to go with it.  It's not really painful, just annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you try to set it in the crook just above your front delts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried a bunch of different placements, and stuck with the one that let me lift the most weight.  Whichever one that was, I have no idea, the soreness is all over my shoulders and I wore a sweatshirt, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol i hear ya. i've done them 3 times i think in recent history, first 2 were great had the elbows straight out and it was perfect. third time i did it couldnt get it at all, it was sitting right on my collar bone on my throat (the most sensitive part) and no matter what i did it wouldn't go away. if you figure something out on these let me know because i love them, i just hate holding the weight lol.

    ReplyDelete