Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Training Log: Entry 501

DE upper day

Speed bench of 175
8x3

Notes: Speed was good, nothing really spectacular.

Wide grip pause bench of 245
6,6,4,4

Notes: It's a great movement, but I think I need to stop it for now.  My right shoulder would click 3 times on every decent, and it felt like the capsule inside was shifting.  It's been great for chest work, but I'm wondering if the full ROM is killing me.  Maybe some board pressing with a wide grip would work better?

Lateral raises of 25lbs
10,8,8,8

Notes: Nice to be back to this movement, form was tight and got good recruitment of the target areas.

Bent over BB rows of 205
8,6,5,4

Notes: Probably time to switch, been going good for now but it's been a long time.  Maybe I'll get a handle to do some t-bar rows.

Hammer curls of 40lbs
10,9,10

Notes: Little longer rest between 2nd and 3rd set so I could run my Pug to the training pad before it peed in the garage.  Still gonna move up.

2 comments:

  1. my friend says he uses crap form and a ton of momentum on all the delt raises but it helps him use a lot of weight. Is he just being an idiot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on his goals, but cheating is a method for breaking plats or targeting certain areas more than others.  The push press is a prime example of "cheating" in the military press in order to acheive a different result.

    ReplyDelete