Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Training Log: Entry 504

ME lower day

Powerlifting squats
Barx3
135x3
225x3
315x1
400x1 (new PR)
405x0
405x1 (new PR)
395x0

Notes: Another bad squat day, but finally met my goal of a 400lb squat.  The walkout was killing me, shaking and buckling and all that crap.  It wasn't a strength issue, it was balance.  I'd get past the halfway point up, then fall foward and dump the weight.  Quads are weak.  Now that I got my 3-4-5, I'm just going to double up on the front squats while alternating good mornings and deadlifts.

Pull throughs of 160
10,10,8,7

Notes: Dumping the weight pissed me off enough to blast this exercise.  Maybe time to switch soon, but it works so well.

DB side bends of 110
8,8,6,4

Notes: Much better than last time.  Better ROM on this.

6 comments:

  1. what are powerlifting squats? Just when you stop at parallel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much.  It's hip initated and goes to parallel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. coujple thing on dumping it:-coming out of the hole, swing your elbows down and forward. This will also...-keep your chest up/head neutral-also coming up (if you can do many thigns at once), think about shoving your hips through rather than pushing the bar up. Or it could just be a mental thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the 4 plate squat, and 5 plate deadlift, keep it up man

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a lot of it is mental, but that technique stuff is good advice, thanks dude.  Much love FG, glad to know I've met your approval.
    Accidentally posted as my wife's account, although I'm sure she'd say the same thing, just a lot cuter.

    ReplyDelete