Monday, November 5, 2007

Training Log: Entry 491

DE upper

Speed bench of 170
8x3

Notes: Real rough time getting acceleration off of the first 2 sets.  I get a much better starting speed if I do this touch and go, might try mixing every other rep with rest pause and touch and go just for the benefits.  When I squeezed the hell out of the bar, I was getting some better acceleration, and towards the end I was finally pinching my shoulder blades together enough to really start firing again.

CG bench of 225
7,7,7,3

Notes: Contemplating throwing out that last set, as it's the one that always seems to bomb.  I'm making strength gains every week though, so it might be worth keeping in. Need to monitor my progress.

Overhead press of 135
5,5,4,5

Notes: Overhead movement after all the benching is murder, specifically on the lockout part.  Gonna try this movement for 2 more weeks, then maybe transition to bradford presses or just not extend it to lockout.  Or, I might just go crazy and do some lateral raises.

Bent over BB rows of 155
10,10,8,6

Notes: Every week this movement becomes more natural and stronger.  Finding the proper hand spacing was key.  I still don't quite have the shoulder blades pulled back together, but I'm hitting my lats enough that I think I'll be fine. Keep pulling with the elbows, right into the lower abs/where the hips connect.

Unilateral DB hammer curls of 35lbs
8,6,6

Notes: Much better job of hitting my biceps compared to EZ bar curls.  Better ROM, and didn't get that clicking feeling I normally do in my shoulder.  These will become a staple.

 

Yesterday did some grip work with the 2.5.  Did 5 sets of forced singles.  Think it's time to deload.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, squeezing on the bench. I keep forgetting about that one, thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lateral raises would be a good break from the three pushing movements you've got there in hitting the crucial rear delts.

    ReplyDelete