Saturday, July 19, 2014

Training Log: Entry 1690

Deadlift 650lbs
1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHv6lWnA0h8

Notes: Was honestly expecting a lot more here, but still pleased that I managed it overall.  Lot of fighting needed, and ability to grind at an all time high.

Potential reasons for shortcomings

1: Hamstring injury making me gunshy.  Was feeling great today, and warm-ups were awesome, but there is always a subconscious factor.

2: Cutting out the rest pausing on this day means I've detrained puling off the floor, and lost some explosiveness.

3: Training for a strongman comp on top of this while trying to cut weight is impacting strength/recovery.

4: Psyched myself out.  Each time I go to pull weight I've never pulled before, I can feel my heart pounding a million miles an hour.

Most of these I can remedy, but the question now will be to chalk this up to a fluke and train for one more cycle or cut down 10% and set rep PRs until I set weight PRs.


KB swings
3x10

Reverse hyper 310
3x12

Ab wheel standing
6,5,5

Notes: Think I'm going to stick with 2 sets standing and 1 set kneeling to get as much as I can out of this movement.

SSB Squats 295+chains
8x5

Notes: 12 breaths between sets, rest pausing.  I had more in me, but this was enough for my hamstring.  In the future, I want to employ "sets of 5 till death" as a tactic, because I could go a long time with this and really get some volume.  Triples would work great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment