Tuesday, March 20, 2018

COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT/FUTURE PLANS

So even though I'm training for a competition right now, I've already signed up for my next one.  Going to be competing in the CA Mid-state Fair Strongest Man level 2 show. I'm competing up a class, since there is no 200lb class and I don't want to cut to 175.  Yeah, I COULD make that cut, but doing it while traveling with my family just wouldn't be cool, and I want to enjoy my time in CA.  Besides; this means I get to lift heavier weights.

Here are the events/weights.  I'll be competing as a men's middle weight.

image

That log is tough, but log has been moving great in my training.  I'm excited about the car deadlift. I'm gonna wing the carry medley with what I have at home, practice with the stone of steel for the stone medley, and throw a slamball/kettlebell to prep for the keg toss.

I still have a fitness test coming up in May, so I plan to drop a little excess chub and get better at running between my Apr contest and that event, but after that I'll be gaining some weight and zeroing in on events.

Still plan to get back to 4 days of lifting post comp.  I need to get in some more assistance work and volume, and that should do the trick.  Should allow me to build up some more static strength too.

No comments:

Post a Comment