Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2470

AM WORKOUT

Log viper and press away 170
5x10

SSB squats 345
7x3

Circus dumbbell clean and press (right arm only)
1x85
1x105
1x115
1x120
5x125 (3/5 successful)

Band pull aparts
7x20

Notes: More screwy formatting here.  Workout started out as a 4 movement circuit of CDB, squat, pull apart and log.  Started the circuit with 115 on the CDB, next round was 120, rest was 125.  After 5 rounds, I took out the log and stuck with CDB, pull apart and squat.

Finally hit competition weight on the CDB, and it felt pretty smooth.  I've learned I have to lean to the side to the point of feeling off balanced/uncomfortable, and from there I can effectively transfer more weight into the bell.  Leg drive felt solid; feet actually left the floor a few times.  This has been a big confidence boost for me.  If I can hit a few clean reps in the AM, I should be good for the competition.

Kept the squats on the heavy side so that the volume wouldn't be too great.  Shooting for a deadlift PR this Saturday.

No weigh in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment