Friday, March 2, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2457

AM WORKOUT

(4) Texas Deadlift bar touch and go mat pulls
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
12+4+3x520+chains
17x405+chains

Standing ab wheel
4x8

DB lateral raise stripset
6x10lbs
6x15
6x20
6x25
6x20
6x15
14x10

Band pull aparts
1x50


Notes: Got called in to work Friday night-Saturday morning, so split my workout in half and go the deadlift done this morning.  I was feeling beat up.  Biggest issue was some bad forearm/bicep pain, which I realize is a result of lowering the log gently down from overhead.  I'll have to allow myself to be a little more aggressive.  Got through the workout, but the ab wheel and lateral raises weren't fun, and I was a little hesitant on the intial pull of each mat pull.  Moving a little slower than normal, but still got the rep totals I was looking for.  Pain seems to be gone now, so might just be an early morning thing.  This training cycle has been beating me up, but it's starting to really let me appreciate the whole "accumulation/intensification" dynamic.

Woke up at 196.0.  May get a cheat meal in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment