Thursday, March 15, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2466

AM WORKOUT

Circus dumbbell
4x1x115
4x1x120

SSB squats 308
7x5

Log viper and press away 160
5x10

Band pull aparts
7x20

Notes: Things are a little wonky here.  I did 5 rounds of CDB/Squat/Pull apart/Log, and in those 5 rounds I did 4 sets of 115 for CDB and 1 for 20.  Then I put the log away and kept doing CDB/squat/pull apart for 2 more sets and w/120 on the bell, and then I went for 2 more rounds on the bell.

I feel like I FINALLY remember how to press the bell again.  Biggest thing I was scrweing up was wasting too much energy on the clean.  I was just picking up the DB and putting it on my shoulder, which is why my forearm was getting so jacked up.  I focused on swinging it back before swinging it up and relying on momentum, which gave me more energy for the press.  Also focused on leaning away from the bell to get a better balance for the press, and driving more with my shoulder than my legs.

Think I'm going to stick with the SSB for this day from now on.  I think less time beating up my shoulders is going to carry over better to the CDB.  Also used my belt on the CDB and squats for the first time this training cycle.
Woke up at 196.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment