Sunday, October 27, 2019

COMPETITION REPORT: FIRST HALF MARATHON

So I did a big write-up on this here

https://mythicalstrength.blogspot.com/2019/10/half-marathon-write-up.html

But to sum up

Finished with a time of 2:00:36 and met my 2 goals of never stopping and not taking any water breaks.  I did a big write up on my blog (google "mythical strength" for those not already in the know), but to sum up, having my wife alongside me was huge because she was able to pace and talk me off some ledges, I ran the race off a zero carb Rockstar, 2 poptarts and a quest bar, my feet aren't doing too bad, the last 3 miles are the worst ones, and I feel confident that, if I wanted a sub 2, I coulda gotten it.  Also, I was the only one wearing a t-shirt and shorts for our 40 degree run, so that's cool. 

Was a good experience getting out of my wheelhouse like this and finding a new way to challenge myself.  For now, the focus is on my next comp, and then we'll see from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment