Friday, October 18, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2537

PM WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT LOWER

(3) Mat Pull
5x135
5x225
3x315 (left hamstring twinge)
1x405
1x495 (straps, no belt)
1x585 (straps and belt from here on out)
1x635
3x585

GIANT SET (dead-hyper-squat)

Low handle trap bar lift 405 (touch and go)
3x10

Reverse hyper 360
3x10

SSB squat 225
3x10

Notes: 3:45 between heavy pulls.  2:00 between giant sets.  This is 5 days of training in a row right after my strongman comp, so I was pretty stoked with how this went.  Felt a few small pops in my back on the set of 635, but doesn't seem to indicate anything.  Might have just been some kinks from the comp working themselves out.  Pulled something in the left hamstring on the warm-ups, and all week my hips and hamstrings have been cramping.  Just weird side effects I suppose, because my body has felt great post comp otherwise.

Decided to save all my energy on the eccentric today and just let the bar slam.  Was cathartic.

First time using the low handles on the trap bar.  It's a VERY long ROM, which is weird because you'd figure it'd be like a barbell dead.  Only thoughts are that I'm bending my knees more than my hips, which makes me feel like I'm going far.  Figure this will carryover some to the car deadlift in 6 months, but also some variety should be good in my supplemental work.  Plan is to alternate between this and axle deficit deads weekly.  May just swap out the buffalo bar and alternate between SSB and SSB front squat here.  In truth, I'm at the point where I don't care how much I'm squatting so long as it's making me stronger, and, in particular in the deadlift.  I want to have a nasty overhead press and a deadlift that is borderline blasphemy, and everything else is just there to support that.  At least, as far as the barbell lifts go. 

Back to an adequate level of fluffiness.  Belt is fitting snug again.

No comments:

Post a Comment