Thursday, October 17, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2536

AM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 311
1x9
1x7
1x5
1x4

Close grip axle bench press 261
1x10
1x8
1x7

Swiss bar incline bench 215
2x10
1x8

Dips
1x36
2x25

Notes: 3:45 between sets.  Think I'm going to implement a plan I've had for a while and start rotating the movements on this.  Between the running, the post competition, and how long I've been sticking with this program (about a year now), I'm beating my head against a wall.  Changing the order of the movements comes right out of the Jon Andersen playbook, so it's staying with the method.

Plan is to start with the incline bench, then flat bench, the close grip.  Will have to drop the weight on flat and close grip, and making the incline bench the primary movement will most likely carryover better to overhead pressing anyway.

Still gonna stick with the rest period reduction approach, and keep the supersets with the ab wheel.   

No comments:

Post a Comment