Thursday, October 24, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2542

PM WORKOUT

Swiss bar incline bench 215
3x10

Axle bench press 276
3x10

Close grip axle bench 226
3x10

Dips
1x35
1x30
1x26

Standing ab wheel between sets of benching (4x7, sets of 6 for the rest)

Notes: 3:25 between sets. First day of the restructured bench press workout, and it's working as intended.  276 felt much heavier than it has before.  This should give me some room to grow and progress.  Especially since I think I'm tackling another issue.  More on that below.

TMI for those squeemish on matters of digestion, but effectively, for the past 2 weeks, if I wasn't working or training, I was pretty much on the toilet.  Guts have been a wreck.  This coincides with the timing of me adding the Kodiak brand "protein oatmeal" to my post workout meal, for more carbs and protein.  Finally decided to look at the ingrediants, and the first thing I saw after oats was pea protein.  I also remembered the first time I fed my kid peas and they emitted a scream that sounded like mortar fire.  Stands to reason that we may have similar genetics that don't digest peas properly. Also a host of a whole lot of other stuff I haven't done well with in the past. I dumped what I had left of the stuff and went back to what has worked in the past.  May just buy some plain old oatmeal next go round and quit tying to get so fancy.  Still, I'm reasonably certain this is the culprit, so here's to getting past that.  And also a lesson that I STILL need to read ingredients on products.  I'm so used to just eating meat and veggies that I forget that companies put a whole lotta stuff in their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment