Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2545

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (squat-keg-hyper)

Buffalo bar squats
12xBar
12x140
12x230
12x320
12x353

Keg cleans 100lbs
6x3

Reverse hyper 455
6x8

Buffalo squat stripset
10x320
10x230
10x140
10xBar

Notes: 3:45 between first 5 giant sets, then 2:00 rest and only a superset with keg cleans and reverse hypers, then 5:00 rest and squat stripset.  Sets of 12 still suck a LOT, and this close to the race I'm sure I'm still rebuilding a bit.  Interestingly, my left knee is achy but my hips seem "open" for the first time in a LONG time.  Depth came very easy, and it felt like I was squatting between my knees rather than over them.  Felt nice to be smoth again.

Keg cleans may also be a culprit on the left knee aching a little.  I tend to need to pivot hard on it for the clean, and the metal slams into it.  Working on explosiveness for now: need to rebuild the feeling for them so I can get heavy.

Swapped out the Kodiak oatmeal for some old fashion steel cut oats.  They mixed a lot easier in my post workout meal, just need to see how well they digest.  Trying to rediscover nutrition in the absence of the extra 15 miles of running a week but still with a goal of putting on some mass.

Hit a set of 20 NG chins as part of my daily back work.

No comments:

Post a Comment