Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2534

AM WORKOUT

TREADMILL RUN

Incline: 1
Speed: 6.4 mph (9:23 mile)
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1hr 15 minutes

Notes: Started experiencing a minor allergic reaction to something I ate at about the 4 mile mark.  Made it tough to breathe.  Suppose that means no Taco Bell breakfast quesadillas pre-run.  Been eating a lot of junk just to get the calories up with the training.  Aside from that though, this went better than I anticipated so soon after the comp.  It still sucks, I don't like doing it, but I'm better at it.  It's more the mind than anything else at this point, because my heart and lungs are holding out well and my body doesn't break down much on it.  Left achilles played nice, right foot didn't go numb for too long, and my stride is improving.

Going to try to squat in the evening today.  I have plans on throwing in high rep work on the backoff set later in the training cycle, but today is going to be a bit more traditional while I gear up for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment