Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2605

LUNCHTIME WORKOUT

Swiss bar incline bench 265
2x10
1x5

Axle bench press 281
1x10
1x8
1x5

Close grip axle bench press 241
2x10
1x6

Dips
2x30
1x26

Standing ab wheel between sets of benching
8x8

Notes: 2:45 between sets.  Bit of a mixed day.  Hitting that second set of 10 on the incline bench was awesome, but also took out a bit of my soul with it, and it meant I spent the rest of the training hurting bad.  Saw it the most on the axle bench follow up, and regained a little bit of it with the close grip.  Existentially, I'm finding myself just plain not caring about training much, and my comp in 2 months just seems like an obligation.  I'm still enjoying how strong I'm getting on the press, and it gives me a little something to keep going, and the novelty of the squat program has me thinking about squats again, but I'm feeling a bit at the end.

Part of me wonders if this is just a product of gaining weight in training.  I may just be feeling a general lethargy, and possibly even the crushing feeling of being content.  I do wish the keg weight was 275, as I'd be sweating right now and it'd give me something to care about, but I haven't done any stone training and it doesn't seem to be bothering me. 

Semi-related, but I had the cool revelation the other day that things are working in my training because my squat and bench workouts are effectively just supplemental workouts rather than main work.  There's no real PR chasing to be had in them, and it allows me to go full out on the press and dead training, which most likely reflects the success in them as well.  Funny how things strike a balance.

Plan is to hit some max effort work this evening and chase it with the supplemental work the next morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment