Friday, February 21, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2616

DEADLIFT DELOAD

AM WORKOUT

Deadlift (touch and go)
40x225

PM WORKOUT

Deadlift (touch and go)
41+5+4+10+10+10+10+10



Notes: Got really excited at the idea of doing 100 reps of 225 while I was driving so decided to just scrap the max effort work and give it a go.  Tried in the morning and the garage was so cold while wearing shorts that my left hamstring just locked up, and when I tried to go back after 40 reps, I couldn't reach the bar.  Let it sit for 4 hours and then came back with the sweats on.  Much better.  Rest paused the first additional reps after 41 to make 50, then took structured 1 minute rests to take care of the rest.   Got the whole affair done right at 14:30, so I suppose that's the standard to beat now.

After this was done, I laid on my back until my wife pulled in the garage (which was only a few minutes later), then laid on the couch while my back kept locking and unlocking, and then stumbled to the school to get my kid, the whole time thinking "try to not look so drunk", so that was fun.

Hopefully ya'll appreciate that I took the time to back out my car to take video of this attempt.  But still didn't open the garage to improve lighting.  Gotta save that for the real good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment