Thursday, February 13, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2612

AM WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT LOWER

(3) Axle mat pulls (with straps)
5x136
5x226
3x316
1x406
1x496
1x546
1x556
0x566

PM WORKOUT

High Handle trap bar pulls 405
1x31+12+10+10

Notes: 3:45 between heavy pulls.  Wanted to set up the worst possible pull I could today, so went with the axle and set it to an awful height to pull from.  Mission accomplished, because these really sucked, but I'm also feeling beat to hell.  My elbows were actually what made me check out on 566, which is a sign I was bending my arms too much on the pull, so probably good that I called it.  I've pulled much more than this before, but max effort was achieved.

I actually was feeling ok for the trap bar pulls, but my body had other plans.  I was hitting reps off center, bouncing left and then right, and then some of dinner wanted to come back up around rep 11.  When I got to 31, lockout was wobbly, so I shut it down and used 1 minute rest pauses to get to 63 reps.  Still an awesome workout, and should do well to help me grow.

Been really cramming in the training these past few weeks.  Trying to spend as much time as I can with the family.  Might have to switch to 3 day a week lifting and float the 4th day each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment