Friday, February 28, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2621

LUNCHTIME WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT

(27) Chain Suspended SSB Abominations
5xBar
5x115
5x155
5x205
3x245
1x295
1x335
1x385
1x425
1x385

5 MINUTE REST

Stole of steel lap and extensions (lap each rep) (stone loaded w/60lbs+spacers)
8x3

Notes: 3:45 between heavy sets.  2:00 between stone sets.  Still feeling not fully strong.  I'm no longer passing blood out of orifices that should not do that, so that's a marker of health restoring.  Realized the comp was about a month out and I hadn't even touched a stone, so I used that for supplemental work.  Ab cramped hard on the very first attempt of a rep, but after that I got things figured out and remembered how it was supposed to move. I'm once again finding myself close to the competition and not at all caring about how it's going to go.  I'm sure I'll have fun there, but I also think the competitive drive is pretty diminished at this point.  I genuinely care more about getting strong the way I want to get strong vs winning strongman comps, and if I can win comps by doing that, that's cool too.

Forearm definitely doesn't care for the stones.  Plan is to just keep beating the hell out of it until it heals.  Around set 6 it was making it's presence known. 

Plan is to eventually work this up to 10 sets.  Don't want to skimp on the high rep deads either though, so I'll have to play around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment