Thursday, February 27, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2620

PM WORKOUT

Swiss bar incline bench 265
2x10
1x7

Axle bench press 281
1x10
1x9
1x5

Close grip axle bench 241
1x10
1x8
1x6

Dips
1x33
1x26
1x20

Standing ab wheel between sets of bench
8x8

Notes: 3:45 between sets.  This was one of those workouts that I survived rather than thrived on.  The first set felt solid, and then the world came down on me. My right forearm was in intense pain and it made the eccentric on swiss bar tough.  Along with that, my energy crashed, and I spent the workout trying not to vomit.  Weird how hard I fell.  I've been having some GI issues, so that may be a contributing factor, but I also imagine I'm not eating enough for the demand I'm putting on my body.  Need to quit neglecting the bicep work as well.

I think I've ridden out the incline bench first approach for now.  Got some good growth with it.  Plan is to switch back to flat bench first and see what it does.  May even consider incline benching with a log to change things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment