Monday, December 5, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2618


AM WORKOUT (0333 natural wake up)


**SUPER SQUATS** Workout 13

Axle clean and press press away/band pull apart superset  (1 min rest)
3x10x161/50 total reps

Weighted dips/axle rows superset (1 min rest)
3x12x90/2x15x218

Breathing Squats/Pull overs
25x315/20x20lbs




For those watching at home, yes, I literally headbutted the bar after the 25th rep.  No, it was NOT on purpose.

Axle SLDLs
15x273

Poundstone curls
160xAxle

25 pushdowns

**POST WORKOUT SHAKE**
**ASSISTANCE/CONDITIONING**

30 GHRs
20 standing ab wheels
40x90 reverse hyper

30 DKB clean each rep and strict press w/24kg bells
Time: 3:19

Notes:

* Hamstring is at the point where it’s only in pain while I’m moving, and even then it’s typically at the bottom range of a squat.  Definitely moving in a great direction, but I still have to be careful.  I was getting speedy on some of those squat reps, and I could feel it starting to twinge and loosen up a little.  The temptation to move fast is, of course, there, because I want to be DONE with those goddamn squats.  Still double wrapping, but getting looser and looser with it.

* I still am not prepared for the wild “exponential fatigue” effect of these squats.  Between rep 24 and 25 I aged 100 years.  I felt fine on rep 24, went for 25 and it was like getting hit with a bomb.  I actually good morning’d the squat out of nowhere.  We’re really finding the bottom here.  

* The squat set itself is interesting.  Unlike the first time I ran the program, there’s no fear or anxiety.  There’s not really anger either.  I honestly feel like it’s more like resignation, but that term has a bit too much negativity to it.  I feel like someone who is accepting their fate of execution with dignity: denying the blindfold, no last words: this is the fate I earned.  I feel like a part of that is how much my lungs aren’t what hold me back here: it’s my body.  And not even my muscles but just my connective tissue.  It’s just a game to make sure it all stays in place for the set.

* Still a big fan of how all the other movements continue to get stronger through out.


PM WORKOUT

22 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells

I notice, after a Super Squats workout…I am absolutely nuked and these suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment