Thursday, December 1, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2614


AM WORKOUT (0437 natural wake up) FASTED

7 rounds in 20 minutes of

* 25 KB swings w/40kg bell
* 3 ABCs w/24kg bells
* 3 burpee chins





50 pull aparts
20 standing ab wheel
25 pushdowns
20 band curls
20 chins


Notes: 

* I may just start calling these Ennui workouts, because it’s really how it goes.  Something I’ve noticed about Super Squats: I get so keyed in on the lifting that nothing else really matters.  “Blast and Dust” ala Dave Tate.  But I feel like that’s been what has made this so successful.  I accumulated a TON of volume and, with it, fatigue, leading up to this.  Now I’m “softening up” ala John McCallum, and it’s been letting me grow almost unrestricted, and that’s WITH all these stupid injuries and illnesses.

* Swings just sounded right.  I most likely need more hip hinging with this program.  I apparently jacked up something in my left shoulder at Tang Soo Do last night, as I went for that first burpee chin and snagged something.  Just a weird sensation.

* This did the trick of getting the metabolism firing in the morning and getting me on point.  Still wanna grab something like TABEARTA later.  Glad to get in some of that daily work as well.  

PM WORKOUT

Got in TABEARTA when I got home, alongside 30 GHRs.  Hamstring still hurts, but I'm gaining degrees of movement each day.


It dawned on me that I tore my hamstring on the 20th rep of my Super Squat set and still completed the rep and racked the bar, and I realize that's probably a pretty good example of the necessary degree of intensity that needs to be brought into the program.  People constantly wonder "what should I do if I fail" and I keep saying "Don't fail" and THAT Is what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment