Thursday, December 15, 2022

 Training Log: Entry 2628


AM WORKOUT (0440 wake up) FASTED


21-15-9-5 of

* Burpee over bells, then double kettlebell clean and strict press w/24kb bells
* 95lb thrusters

Time: 21:56


Notes:


* Was moving a little slow this morning and didn’t have a full 30 min to dedicate, so came up with this based off something I did earlier this week.  That burpee over bell is actually a bit backwards: I jump over the bells, land, hit the burpee and then immediately come up off the floor, grab the bells and put them overhead.  There’s something just VERY special about going from a prone position to putting something over the head.  It’s a combination of level change AND moving weight overhead.  Almost like a deconstructed devil press, but I find it a bit more valuable to have to scramble to the bells vs having them in my hand to start.

* This didn’t hit QUITE as hard as Armor Bearer, but I was still sucking wind and hating life all the same.  I’ve found this to be the natural gravitation of things during this Super Squats run.  First conditioning day is more aggressive than the second, basically tapering into the final squat workout of the week.  I feel like these workouts might answer the mail for the restorative workouts in “Mass Made Simple” if I ever cross that bridge.

* I’m excited for the final Super Squats workout tomorrow.  After that, I have a 5 day cruise with a LOT of good food on my radar.  Prime time to grow.


PM WORKOUT (1800)

24 ABCs in 5 minutes w/24kg bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment