Sunday, August 20, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3039

Ok, first: my dad has lost 28lbs since 13 Jun.  That's just incredible.  He switched to a low carb/ketogenic diet based off my influence.  He's also hooked on piedmontese grassfed steak.  


I need to comment on how awesome having a resting heart rate of 41bpm is when it's not even a "true resting" heart rate.  My blood pressure is outstanding, my bodyfat is low and my energy and digestion is excellent.  I have a sneak suspicion my LDL is going to be nutty come my next labs, but for all intents, I am absolutely healthy.


In-laws left this morning.  Mrs and I slept until 0745ish (my sleep is pretty awesome these days, and my caffeine is way down), got up, 100 push ups and squats, got in an amazing breakfast, took the dog for a walk while I work a 50lb vest (did 10 burpees beforehand to get heart rate up), chores, wonderful Mexican lunch


When you say "tacos, hold the tortilla and veggies"



, then this 10 minute workout





EMOM


1 SoS to shoulder 


2 rounds of:
5 prisoner squats
5 push ups
3 chins 

Until you get beat by the clock


Dropped kid off at sports practice, got in a 2.15 mile walk while talking with my dad, came home to an awesome dinner of "Farmer's Hotdish", passed on from my wife's grandma to her mom to her, which is a noodle and ground beef based casserole dish. We used ground bison and grassfed new zealand cheddar, which was baller.  Also homemade cookies and banana bread for dessert.


I have caught myself backsliding with artificial flavors again, so I'm cutting them out of my life again.  Animals are delicious.  They need no apology.  


I have decided to do Jamie Lewis' "Juggeryoke" program leading up to my competition, meaning I am stopping Easy Strength 7 workouts early.  I learned a lot from it, I will come back to it, it was exactly what I needed when I needed it, but right now Juggeryoke suits what I need and when I need it perfectly.  Workout starts tomorrow.



My brain is on fire, I have so much more I want to write, but time is short.  Life is amazing, and Chaos is the plan.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your dad. That weight loss is amazing. Does he exercise at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much man! He's taken up walking. Great activity.

      Delete