Tuesday, August 22, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3041

AM WORKOUT (0535 wake up via alarm, day off work, slept in)

**JAMIE LEWIS’/PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “JUGGERYOKE” PROGRAM** Week 1, Day 2: Bodyweight and Arms



20 minutes of burpee chins, but EMOM do 1 standing ab wheel roll out
* 103 BCs total


5x3 hammer curls
4xAMRAP hanging leg raises w/10 lat shrugs

Supposed to do 5 leg raises and 5x3 skull crushers, but needed to get the kid dropped off at school

Breakfast

1.5 mile walk with dog
Drop dog off at home, go on a 5.5 mile (7 miles total)

Notes:


* I have days off I need to burn before the end of the fiscal year, so I'm taking today and Thursday off.  Weather is nice, I like walking, so I'm doing a lot of it, getting out in the sun and getting my vitamin D.  This is a sneak peak of how I'd love to retire.  Morning conditioning style workout, light breakfast, lotta walking.  Hard to beat that.  

* Tried to focus on getting a good squat and push up each rep of the BC, vs trying to blitz through it.  Jamie says to just spend 20 minutes moving non-stop, and this seemed like a solid strategy.  I know first hand that I will meander if I'm just doing BCs for long durations, so I throw in those "catfish" ab wheels EMOM to get me back on target.

* I might get those skull crushers in today, but I won't sweat it if I don't.  I've had a good amount of activity for the day.  Looking forward to making some surf and turf for dinner (local Iowa ribeye and some mahi mahi) and just recharging.

2 comments:

  1. Hey MythicalStrength, when you get a haircut do you get something like a 1 on the sides and a 4-5 on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife actually cuts my hair. Something we started during COVID. She knows what I like, haha.

      Delete