Tuesday, August 29, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3048

AM WORKOUT (0405 wake up via alarm, great night of sleep)


**JUGGERYOKE** Week 2, Workout 2* (Out of sequence.  This is the day 1 workout, done on day 2) Push press and front squats





GIANT SET (press-squat-pull/raise)


Log clean and push press away

10x3x160 (only got 2 reps on the 7th round)


Front squat

10x3x195


Band pull apart

5x20


DB lateral raise

5x5x20lb


GIANT SET (chin-dip-abs)


Weighted chin (various grips)

5x3x40


Weighted dips

5x3x110


Hanging leg raise

5xAMRAP w/10 lat shrugs


CONDITIONING





Tabata rounds of 24kg KB “throw” w/bodyweight squats during odd round rest and push ups during even


BREAKFAST

Walk w/dog

Notes:


* Felt a pop in the knee and heard some crunching/grinding on the 7th round log clean and push press.  Little bit of pain and swelling, so I cut the set short and did a quick self-assessment before continuing.  Worst case: I may have torn the meniscus.  Best case: I broke up some scar tissue.  This knee started bothering me during my Super Squats run earlier this year, and pain had gone away recently with the weight loss and nutrition change (I’ve stopped using glucosamine after having been on the stuff for a decade or so).  I was really dehydrated yesterday, which can be a factor as well.  I was able to finish today’s workout and walk the dog, so I’m functional.  Stairs suck, but not agonizingly so.  I’ll keep a watch on it.  I’m not gunshy about bailing out of my upcoming comps if that’s what it takes, since these are just for funsies these days.


* I thought this workout would go faster by pairing the front squats and log together, but it ended up taking longer.  I am a bigger fan of this set-up though, as it’s more logical, but it’s good to know the various methods of execution available based on my schedule.  


* Weighted dips remain in my “what would I do when I retire” category of lifting, because they’re just outstanding.  It’s part of what drew me to this program.


* Holy f**k that conditioning workout is MONEY.  Floor to overhead and level changes.  I was totally blown out in 4 minutes.


* Still loving the lat shrugs.  Legit don’t care about the hanging leg raises though.  I wonder if I should just do ab wheels and hanging lat shrugs and call it good.


* Pull aparts and lateral raises aren’t RX.

No comments:

Post a Comment