Wednesday, August 30, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3049

AM WORKOUT (0405 wake up via alarm, sleep continues to get better and better)


**JUGGERYOKE** Week 2, Workout 3: Bench and Squat





GIANT SET (pull-bench-bands)


Trap bar high pull

5x155

5x5x165


Axle incline bench

6x5x165


Band pull apart

6x20


GIANT SET (bench-ab-pull)


Axle bench press

6x1x230


Standing ab wheel

2x6

3x5


Behind the neck pull apart

5x10


Neck work


Axle bench press

2xAMRAPx160 (13 and 10 I think)


Buffalo Bar Squat (3 min on-1 min rest-3 min on)





42 reps, then 35.  **2 rep PR**



BREAKFAST


Walk w/dog while wearing 40lb vest



Notes:


* The knee was a definite x-factor today.  It made high pulls tricky.  Explosive stuff doesn’t feel great.  It’s been that way for a year or so, and I think it just came to a head yesterday.  I’ve got pain at the site, but no visible swelling as far as I can tell.  In fact, funny story, but yesterday I was looking at it in the mirror and THOUGHT I saw swelling, but then saw that the otherside had the same “swelling”, and I realized it was actually my vastus medialis: they’re actually developed from all the full ROM squatting.


* And in that regard, you can tell from the PR that I CAN still squat, but I also know that I’m a little limited in that pursuit.  I had to take this a little slower, I could feel myself hinging a bit more vs squatting, and favoring the left side.  I suppose that’s balance for what I blew out the left side back in 2015.   But full ROM squatting did feel therapeutic, and there was a nice crack/pop during my warm-up that took off some pressure.


* Man I still suck at incline bench.


* It’s cooled down/darkened up enough that walking the dog while I’m shirtless isn’t really getting me the benefit of any Vitamin D, so I threw on the vest today.  40lbs doesn’t register on me, which is a good sign all around, and a nice way to get in just a little extra resistance.


* Supposed to have TSD tonight, but may just waive off.  I’m good moving in straight lines in a controlled environment, but more ballistic stuff will most likely cause some problems.

5 comments:

  1. Why'd you stop taking glucosamine? Are you gonna get back on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started taking Glucosamine when you mentioned it and Collagen Peptide for joints when Mike O'Hearn mentioned it. Wish I had started when I was a young teen given it's practically a guarantee in the long-term that joints get achey in this hobby.

      Delete
    2. Hm, I was just gonna take it perpetually as a way to keep my joints forever healthy. I'll have to think about whether I want to use it as reactionary medicine as you are. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. No problem dude. Nutrition seems a better approach to me in that regard.

      Delete