Wednesday, January 17, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3157


AM WORKOUT (0520 wake up via spouse’s alarm)


**PESTILENCE** Week 2, Workout 2





22 rounds of Cindy in 23 minutes, 7 minute PR from previous attempt


Reminder: Cindy is 15 squats-10 push ups-5 chins


Breakfast


2 mile brisk walk in the snow and ice (no dog)



Notes: 


* Original plan was to get in the squat workout this morning.  20 minutes before my alarm went off, my wife rolled over in her sleep and put her arm around me.  I shut off my alarm and stayed in bed until her alarm went off.  That’s a life PR.  The sick me never would have made that decision.  This is one of the biggest signs of healing I’ve seen, and I am so happy for it.  I had someone on reddit claim that I have had declines in fitness across all measurable levels, and it just makes me chuckle.  We have to appreciate what REAL fitness looks like.


* And in THAT regard, I also shaved off near 7 minutes from my previous time.  I even made sure to get in the extra 15 squats I did last time.  Because I slept in, I didn’t do the full “30 minutes of non-stop moving” that Jamie prescribes, but I figured going for a time PR met the mark.  I was blazing through this workout with quite a bit of renewed vigor.


* The walk was good.  I was contemplating just walking up and down my basement steps, since our neighborhood hasn’t been good about clearing snow off the sidewalks, but I was listening to Dan John’s podcast yesterday and he was specifically talking about the benefits of walking outside in the winter time (in Utah, but good enough for here), and Jamie of course says to walk outside no matter what, and ideally on uneven terrain, so I threw on my barefeet and got to it.  Went without the vest, just in case I hit a patch of ice (which I did), but picked up the pace to compensate.


* Really just in a great place these days.  We’re going out to Red Robin tonight to support a fundraiser for my kid’s school, so that’ll be cool.  Might get in some quick playtime with the kiddo for a little extra physical activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment