Sunday, January 28, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3167


WEEKEND UPDATE

SATURDAY

My kid woke us up at 0600 with the most famous childhood phrase "I just threw up", so I've been keeping it low energy for the most part.  Got in the mat pulls while they took a nap, getting in my push ups and squats, and just eating well and being on dad mode.  My Valkyrie got to Tang Soo Do today and won her bracket in sparring, so there's a good chance the trophy is coming home.

Some training 


(5) Mat pulls
14+4+4x405





Food





1lb of ground lamb, 1lb ground venison and 1lb of ground rib fingers (beef) mixed with 1 pasture egg and some Redmond salt, placed in my "meatball master" for meal prep





No idea what the context is here but I love it.  Juggernaut, Hulk and Hercules


SUNDAY


Great day for food. Chicken thighs 99 cents a pound, so I got 10lbs, cooked up a few for work and vacuum sealed the rest. 20 minutes in an air fryer at 390 with spray duck fat and redmonds salt.








And then I made my first ever brisket, which is going to upset a lot of Texans, because I made it in a pressure cooker and and an air fryer.






                                        


3.5lb "corned beef" brisket from Costco. Didn't use the seasoning pack, just some Redmonds salt. 1/2 cup of water and tsp of liquid smoke, 55 minutes in the pressure cooker, take it out, pat dry, spray with spray duck fat, 10 min in air fryer at 350, let rest for 10 min. Perfect meal prep.




Oh yeah, I train too. Here is axle grace







No comments:

Post a Comment