Friday, January 19, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3159

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)


1+ hour of shoveling snow


Notes:


* Got hit by a “winter squall” yesterday that accumulated quite a bit of snowfall.  Work and school were still game on, and we’re looking at record level cold today, so got out early and tackled the driveway.  It was good enough work for the day.  I’m going to try to get in some mat pulls later just to get in some heavy moving, but if that falls apart it’s fine.  Chaos remains the plan.


* In that regard, after this block of Pestilence, I’ll have 6 weeks until my cruise (technically 49 days as of today).  Original plan was to do Feast and then Famine again, but Building the Monolith is really calling to me.  Primarily because this week has shown me that trying to lift 4-5 times a week is becoming difficult in the winter months, but cutting the lifting to 3x a week and allowing for 3x a week of conditioning would be far more viable.  And sure, I could also make Easy Strength fit well, but given I’ll be feasting, I want to train in a manner that would best suit that.

PM WORKOUT (1845)

**PESTILENCE** Week 2, Day 4-"Dealer's Choice"



(6) Mat Pulls

14+4+5x405


Notes:


* It's like I remember how to pull again.  This was a 3 rep PR on the first set compared to last week, with a longer ROM.  Was really able to  put in the effort I used to be able to generate.  And I did this immediately after getting home from getting some Panda Express for dinner.  Didn't bother changing or coming inside: just set up and pulled.  Which is also why I was trying not to puke on a few of those reps.  Just felt awesome to be able to be "me" again on these.

4 comments:


  1. Ahoj, to je skvělé, od pondělí také začínám svůj druhý BtM. Potřebuju zabrzdit, znovu postavit podlahu, tlačil jsem teď na hranu a dlouho těžil z kapacity kterou jsem posledním BtM udělal.
    Takže cíl je se v nové síle zabydlet a opět volné dny tlačit na kondici. Těším se ,budu fandit a držet pěsti. Naprosto skvělý plán

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I sent an untranslated version, I don't know if it can be deleted :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, that's great, I'm also starting my second BtM from Monday. I need to slow down, rebuild the floor, I was now pushing to the edge and benefited for a long time from the capacity I made with the last BtM.
    So the goal is to settle into the new strength and push for fitness again on days off. I'm looking forward to it, I'll cheer and keep my fists up. Absolutely brilliant plan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah brother! We'll be going along together at this point.

      Delete