Tuesday, February 6, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3175

AM WORKOUT (0520 wake up via Valkyrie's alarm)

**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 3, Workout 2 Conditioning

30 minutes, EMOM of


* 5 KB swings w/47.5lb bell

* Run up and down the stairs

* 10 prisoner squats

* 10 push ups


Ended with some stair jumps


Notes:


* Schedule is a little screwy, and Chaos is the plan, so I got in a very solid 30 minutes here.  Each round had me with about 14 seconds to recover, and I was huffing.  This was fantastic.


* My legs were horrifically pumped from the combination of stairs and squats with such short rest periods.  I still tried to emphasize rep quality, but I had to move them quicker today to squeeze in everything with the time.  This was a really good balance of movements.  Kick off with something explosive with the swings, then bolt up the stairs, then rep out the bodyweight work.  


* All this said, I have a 10 mile run coming up in April, and I SHOULD try to get into long distance running shape...but I honestly just don't care to run distances.  And it's less about the running and more about the impact it has on me.  I find, whenever I focus on distance running, I tend to get "stringy".  My physique flattens and I grow flabbier.  I attribute it to the heart rate zone: burning sugar and protein instead of fat.  Granted, this type of training should be doing the same thing, but I feel like the mixed intensities save it a little.  I'm most likely just going to gut it out come race day and suffer on the back end.


* Tang Soo Do later tonight as well.


* Also got in a 2.5 mile walk with the family last night. Weather is getting better.


Oh man, two of my favorites




No comments:

Post a Comment