Wednesday, February 14, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3183

AM WORKOUT (0420 Wake up via alarm)


**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 4, Workout 3 (Conditioning)


75 KB swings w/24kg bell

2.1 mile walk w/80lb vest

30 rounds of 10 prisoner squats and 10 push ups within 21 minutes


BREAKFAST


Short walk w/dog


Notes:


* Once again, schedule is out of order this week, and I was deciding between Ninja Turtle or the walk, and the walk won out.  It’s absolutely the right prescription for post deadlift/pre-widowmaker workouts.  Very tonic, especially with the swings and bodyweight work thrown in.  I dig how it’s around an hour of solid training but doesn’t beat the hell out of me, and being able to get outside and get some fresh air first thing in the morning is a great way to calibrate my morning, even if I don’t see a lick of sunshine.


* Went a little heavier on the swings, and moved a little faster on the bodyweight work.


* Tang Soo Do last night was enjoyable.  More 1-step self-defense stuff.  I get to work with the Valkyrie, and seeing her improve is awesome.


* My left lat/tricep has been aching since Monday.  Wonder if I aggravated the previous tear with some of those chins.  I’ll see how it respond to weighted pulls tomorrow.


* Still eating like a champ this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment