Tuesday, February 20, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3188

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)


**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 5, Workout 2 (Conditioning) “Middle Age Mutant Ninja Turtle”





30 minute EMOM of


* Boxing on the BAS

* KB swings w/47.5lb bell

* Burpees

* Rope skipping


25 minutes of EMOM


* Run up and down stairs

* 10 prisoner squats

* 10 push ups


Finish with some basement stair jumps


BREAKFAST


Short walk w/dog


Notes:


* My front delts are absolutely smoked after so many days of push ups, burpees and dips, and this certainly didn’t help, but still felt pretty tonic.  That boxing work helped loosen things up a little.  I’d been watching a lot of Tyson videos recently and really dug his combo of right hook to the body re-wind right uppercut, so tried it out a few times.  I’m still patty-caking the BAS for the sake of keeping my heart rate high, but it’s still a great combo.


* Dig me knocking out my overhead light on my first burpee.  Helped create an atmosphere.  Lighting can really change physique too: I look jacked when it’s pitch black.


* Had a lot of foul ups on the rope skipping today, most likely because I was too focused on not hitting more stuff in the ceiling.


* Chasing the 30 minutes with the stair running was pretty solid.  My heart and lungs never felt too terribly taxed, but in general I was fatigued.  I really like this day in general, just to get athletic all over the place.  Those stair jumps at the end were my best performance yet.  I’m getting about as explosive as I can be.


* Supposed to have some Tang Soo Do sparring later tonight.  Don’t think I mentioned it last time, but Mrs and I got another stripe on our belts on Thursday, so we’re halfway through the rank.

No comments:

Post a Comment