Tuesday, February 27, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3193

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm)


**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 6, Workout 2 (Conditioning): “Middle Aged Mutant Ninja Turtle”


30 minutes of EMOM


* Boxing on the BAS

* 47.5lb KB swings

* Burpees

* Rope skipping


15 minutes of EMOM basement suicide sprints w/10 prisoner squats and 10 push ups


15 minutes of EMOM basement stair runs w/10 prisoner squats and 10 push ups


BREAKFAST


Walk w/dog


Notes:


* Wasn’t particularly jazzed to do this workout this morning, and didn’t have much pop in me for the boxing. I imagine the full day of unintended fasting paired alongside the slight stomach bug could be at play there.  Still an hour of conditioning training done at an intense enough pace, and a very “tonic” workout in that regard as well.  All this unweighted stuff has really been awesome for my recovery, and I feel like it’s maximized the growing benefit of BtM.  I’ve definitely been guilty of training too much/too hard in the past, but at the same time there’s something to be said about the periodization effect of doing so.  I pushed my body really hard, eased off the throttle and, in turn, let the gains come.  Very similar to famine and feasting.  


* Rope skipping was really not going well for me today.  Not many good rounds.  DID discover a small tear in the center of my rope, which may be the culprit.


* It was nice to work in the suicides and the stairs in one workout.  In a more ideal setting, I’d alternate each round, but I was waiting for the Mrs to wake up before I went clomping up and down the stairs.


* Tang Soo Do on the schedule for later tonight, so lots of activity today.  Also great to already get in 300 push ups and 300 squats.


* I ordered some dumbbell holders for my power rack off of Titan, so I guess I’m getting serious about this DoggCrapp thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment