Saturday, February 17, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3185

May as well use this for a quickie training update.  I'm on day 3 of a 5 day weekend, so as usual life is chaotic and amazing.  Lots of push ups, walking and air squats.  I got in this workout while the wife and kiddo were getting ready for the morning





(2) Mat pulls

13+5+4x405


I really dig how quickly I can execute such a high quality training session like this.  My warm-up is 2x135 and 1x315, and then a 4 minute workset.  I'm keeping this in no matter my approach for the future: it's just "me".


Last night, we went to our favorite local BBQ place and I had my usual half rack of pork ribs, and they were legit the best pork ribs I'd had in my life.  I made it a point to tip the pitmaster directly alongside the wait staff.  He actually came out and shook my hand, and I told him that, if that was my last meal, I'd die happy.  The waitress came back and told me I'd made his night.  Just great to spread that positivity. 


It dawned on me that, if I did DoggCrapp, it has "blast and cruise" phases, and given my weeks off tend to be when I'm on a cruise...that alone makes it way too fitting.


PM WORKOUT

Got in "Sweet Eater"




Countdown of 10 to 1 on KB swings and burpees.  Used a 24kg bell and got it in 5 minutes flat: an 8 second PR.  Chased this immediately with a 2 mile walk w/80lb vest and then 50 push ups upon returning home.  Very solid day of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment