Sunday, February 18, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3186


Got in a solid amount of training today.  Slept in, 75 push ups and 50 prisoner squats first thing, Valkyrie made me an amazing breakfast, which we also went to a luau the night before wherein I took down massive quantities of kalua pig, teriyaki beef and shoyu chicken, such that I fasted through lunch today out of pure lack of appetite.  Doing our family meal tonight, carbs ahoy.


After breakfast, I did Dan John's Humane burpee before taking my dog for a longer walk




That's 15 swings, 5 goblet squats, 5 push ups, then 15-4-4-, 15-3-3, down to 1.


Later, around what would be lunchtime, I did GI Jane (100 burpee chins) followed by Pukie Brewster (150 burpees), which I'm going to refer to now as "Major Payne", since it's about going from a certified killing machine to a civilian puke.





After that, took the kiddo for a 1.5 mile walk.  They woke up sick yesterday, and have been healing, and I felt like some fresh air and sunshine would do the trick.


Speaking of that kid, check this out





This is a 10lb piedmontese beef brisket. Why do I have it? Because it was on sale. And like a dog chasing a car: I had no plans on what to do once I got it. My amazing wife asked me that very question, and before I could muster a response, my kid chimes in "I will split it with you!"


I don't know if I could have ever been a prouder papa. That is the most precious hubris. No denying that one is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment