Thursday, February 15, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3184

AM WORKOUT (0420 wake up via alarm)

**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 4, Workout 4 (out of order)





https://youtu.be/IlDd6yO7CT8

GIANT SETS (press-squat-chin)

Axle clean and strict press away
5x5x123

Buffalo Bar Squat
5xBar
5x195
5x225
5x265
5x300

Chins
5x5x45

GIANT SETS (press-shrug-BPA)

Axle clean and strict press away
7x5x123

Axle shrugs against short strong bands
4x25

Band pull aparts
4x25

Buffalo Bar Squat Widowmaker
50x200



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m3CDLTm5ug


END OF REQUIRED WORK

3x10 standing ab wheel
Lateral raise stripset
Neck harness
60x180 reverse hyper

BREAKFAST

Short walk w/dog


Notes:

* This wacky week concludes, and another one next week since my Monday is going to be a holiday.  I actually have the day off work today too and almost slept in, but I wanted to just get this done.

* Press moved strong and the squats were actually pretty decent on the heavy work.  Chins went better than expected with the pain in my lat.

* Came in with 50 reps as the goal for the widowmaker and I made it.  That's another Dan John milestone.  Yeah, technically it's supposed to be 205 for that, but whatever.  

* From the video I can see I'm still holding quite lean despite 4 weeks of feasting.  My squat stance is also stupidly narrow.

* Tang Soo Do later tonight potentially.  

No comments:

Post a Comment