Monday, September 4, 2006

Training Log: 277

First MMA club Meeting of the year.

Spent more time teaching than training.  Worked with a new kid on some boxing defense (his weak spot), basic pats, slips, parries, bobbing and weaving.  Did some focus mitt work with the fiancee showing her how to use the peek a boo stance.  Showed her some sweeps from being mounted and a new guard pass, along with a kimura from in mount.  Worked with a new kid on the basic posistions of grappling and the kimura and armbar.  Then finally got to drill my defense the same way as before.

Gave my fiancee 7oz gloves instead of 10oz.  The difference was way more noticable.  More shots got in.  Need to work on not panicing and just covering my face and bobbing and weaving.  I was informed I'm open for a lot of uppercuts.  Told her to hit me if she sees it again.  I hope my defense gets incredible.

Great lifting day tonight.

ME upperbody

Bench
Triples of bar
Triples of 135
Triples of 185
Triples of 225
Triples of 275
1X295
1X305
1X310
0X305

Notes: Broke a new record, the first time in years.  And here I thought I was in a rut.  This program rocks!  The DE must of had a huge impact.

Narrow grip bench
4X6-9 at 155

Note: Up the resistance and the rest period next time.  Try 165 of 1.5 minutes

Dips
2 sets of BodyweightX8-10

Straight bar pull down:
2 sets of 130X8-10

Notes: Had a "cable guy" tying up the cable station, so decided to try some dips instead, thus the weird split.  Getting increasingly stronger on the push down. 

Lateral raises:
3 sets of 15X10
1 set of 10X10

Notes: Getting constantly stronger on these.

Wide grip pull-ups
3 sets of 8

Wide grip pull-down
1 set of 10

Notes: Feeling an uneven pull on the pull-ups, possibly due to my shoulder imbalance.  Moved onto pull-downs when form was getting too crappy

Hammer curls:
2 sets of strict form 25X8
1 set of strict form 15X8

Notes: Shoulder always clicks on these.  Still, biceps felt murdered.

Great day.  Next week, switching everything up and using rack lockouts for singles.  Felt my sticking point past halfway up.

No comments:

Post a Comment