Thursday, September 7, 2006

Training Log: Entry 280

Another MMA club meeting.

New member.  TKD guy.  15 years of experience.  Wirey, lanky, the usual.

Worked more boxing with the new kid.  Threw some straight shots and sloppy hooks to get him used to charging in when he saw an opening.  He needs to work his bodyhooks more, so I gave him the drill of head on the bag and power hooks.

Grappled with JKD/SG guy.  He's got decent technique, but needs the power to back it up.  I literally flipped him over while I had him in a guillitine from half guard and transistioned to side control.  He did a good job of keeping out of my guard, but I eventually managed and landed a kimura.  We rolled again, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a RNC from his back.  He managed to bump out, and he ended up in my guard.  I failed at a armbar, and he put me in side control.  I cut off his hips with my hand, slid him back into my guard, tried for a triangle, messed up (need to work this sub more), but pulled a transistion into an armbar for a tap.

Rolled with the TKD guy.  His first day, so i'm playing it cozy in my guard while he goes crazy.  Good strength, but not really oriented towards anything.  He stands up in my guard when I go for a ankle lock.  I forgot that we don't roll with them in the club (new policy), but the TKD guy mimiced me, and when I let go, he cranked it for a tap.  Kinda lame, but he learned a new sub.

Rolled with BJJ/KK chick.  She always brings the agression.  I took mount and worked for a kimura.  She bucked me and rolled into my halfguard.  I worked a crappy guillitine that wasn't doing anything (stupid panic response), then planted her head into the mat and rolled over into her guard.  I worked her into mount, sat back into guard, the eventually forced a tap from a kimura (love this technique).

Need more strikers.

 

Lifting went very well today.

DE upperbody

DE lift: 8 sets of triples at 155

Note: Bar speed much faster than before as form is getting better.  6th set was kinda crappy.  Pull the bar apart on the way down.

Close grip bench:
10X155
7X155
6X155
8X155

Note: Don't know where that extra boost came from in the last set.  Move weight up.

Straight bar pull down:
10X135
8X135
8X115
8X135

Note: Form was getting bad on the second set, so switched lighter.  Finished off with good form.

Lateral Raises:
2X10 @ 20
2X10 @ 15

Note: Getting stronger and stronger with greater form each and every time.

Pull-ups
10, 7, 6

Pull-downs
9X140

Note: For some reason, first set was easy, everything afterwards difficult.  Love my lat growth.

Hammer curls
8X25
8X20
6X20

Note: shoulder still an issue, but strength is there.

2 comments:

  1. You got tapped by a first day tkder? I think I just died a little inside.

    ReplyDelete