Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Training Log: Entry 292

MMA club meeting

Lots of people there today, didn't have a chance to drill with most of them.  Instead, I spent my time doing some rolling and working my grappling.

Rolled with the BJJ/KK chick.  She was exhausted beforehand, so I decided to go light and really work technique over strength today.  I tried to pull guard, and she cut it off and passed.  She stood up, then pulled guard on me (need to work on stopping that.  Usually use a knee on thigh pass).  I tried not to gracie gift her, and instead went for the knee in the butt, elbows in the thigh guard pass.  She went for an arm triangle that wasn't working, but started to crank my neck.  Immediate tap there.  Don't need to mess with that crap.

Drilled the omoplata with her.  I still know the mechanics, but not nearly smooth enough to pull off rolling (which I discovered very soon).

Had an epic roll with the JKD/SG guy.  Right off the bat, I pull guard and slap on an armbar.  He rolls with it though and cuts off the leverage.  I try to keep my hold on his roll and change it to an omaplata, but he's too slick, and is in my half guard.  Most epic posistioning war ever.  Kept constantly shifting from under his side control to rolled with me mounting or in half guard, taking his back, putting him into my guard, constantly shifting, over and over again.  On a positive note, my cardio is doing great.  He started breathing hard before me.  However, I tried the omaplata about 3 times, and every time it failed.  Need to be smoother on it.  Ended up with a mutated kimura due to his insanely flexible shoulders.

Not too much of note.  Toe is about 100%, just need a nail on it.

 

Got my "Trainer" Grip from Captains of Crush.  I had no idea the strength imbalance between my hands.  Can't wait to get the stronger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment