Thursday, October 18, 2007

Training Log: Entry 479

ME upper day

Bench
Barx3
135x3
185x3
225x3
275x1
305x1
325x1
335x1 (new PR)
335x1

Notes: Hit a new PR, and had enough in me for some more weight.  Didn't want to try to up it for that last set though.  Training, not testing.  Still need to improve my arch, but my elbows were doing great.  Sticking point seems to be about 3-4 inches off of chest.  Maybe some board work next time.

Pull-ups w/bodyweight
8,6,4,3

Notes: Went in with a gameplan and screwed it up.  Next time, sets of 6.  Always manage to burn myself out too much on the first set.  So nice to have a regular straight bar instead of that wonky crap from the gym.

Rear delt flies w/12lbs
15,15,12

Notes: Never really know a good weight to use here.  Seemed to hit my triceps more than my rear delts.  Need to perfect form.

EZ bar curls w/55lbs
8,8,10

Notes: Think I might just drop weight on last set of curls.  I have enough strength to kill the first two sets, it's just the third that burns me out.  No point in using such low weights just for the sake of the last set.

6 comments:

  1. looks like you hit your new PR twice. PRs are always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the PR babe!!! You're doing awesome!  Thanks for all the help today.  I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you.
    I figured it wasn't a PR after the first time =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the 335 man.   keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making my PR of 205 look like a warmup joke, ya jerk.'grats on the PR, keep shooting higher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, you just did a new weight for 2 singles, that a PR in my book, lol (I make PRs for everything, great confidence builder haha)

    ReplyDelete