Saturday, October 27, 2007

Training Log: Entry 485

DE lower day

Speed squats of 195
10x2

Notes: Get much better drive by driving on the outside blades of my feet rather than just the heels.  Better acceleration from the starting point, whereas I typically stall from the start and gain momentum as I go. 

Walking lunges w/75lbs per hand
10,10,3

Notes: I hate lunges, I hate high volume, I hate high reps.  Was able to do just fine on the first two sets, but on that first rep, my entire posterior chain was dying, and I managed 3 reps before I collapsed.  Great for my grip work as well.  Need to keep working on these.  Entire PC is fried.  Will hurt for days.

SLDLs of 295
8,8,4,4

Notes: After lunges, was really fried.  Was ready to puke with every rep.  First two sets were very easy, then once again, whole body was locked up.  Mother-in-law suggests more potassium.  Maybe I need it.  Either way, great lowerback pump.

Neck harnass side work
2x15 w/35lbs

Notes: Got a great pull on this, next time, lean like a DB side bend to reduce drag/resistance

 

Got an ab-wheel at a garage sale today for $3.  Will be using it tomorrow for my ab work.  Back was too fried to effectively do anything.

 

Made this photo.  The one on the left is the day of my 17th Birthday.  I turn 22 tomorrow.  5 years of work, only 2 of it was hard.  Wish I learned how to train smart early in life, but just making up for lost time.  More food, more squats, more deadlifts.

 


 

3 comments:

  1. A word of caution about the ab wheel... it works, and it works well! Go all the way out and you will be feeling it for a week and a half!Nice transformation. Might tempt me to make one to see how i've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sh1t s0n you put on a lot of weight. (good weight)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's about a 50lb difference between the two photos.

    ReplyDelete