Monday, October 22, 2007

Training Log: Entry 482

DE upper

Speed bench of 170
8x3

Notes: Got a much better arch than before.  Doing a better job of bringing my shoulders close to my hips and being on my neck.  Squeezing the bejesus out of the bar.  First few sets were slow, middle sets were best, last sets shoulders were coming off the bench.

Close grip bench of 205
4x7

Notes: Felt incredibly strong until very last rep of last set.  Vast improvement over last time.  Always nice to improve the movement.  Little strain on shoulders, need to watch for that.

Standing DB overhead press of 55
7,6,6,6

Notes: Remembered to look up instead of forward.  Massive improvement.  I hate this movement so much because of my shoulder injury, but I know its best in the long run for stablizer work.

Bent over barbell rows of 135
10,9,8,8

Notes: Much better job compared to last time.  Grip in between bench and close grip bench to really hit lats.  Need better discpline on the bend.

Curls of 65
3x8

Notes: Cleared this crap.  Supposed I'll move up.  I hate curls.

 

Want proof that I own?  Here it is.

9 comments:

  1. Yaay for our home gym!!! I'm so glad that we can squat now ^_^!  Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I see angels and junk, don't know what that's supposed to mean though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything you need, and nothing you dont!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, now you can do leg lifts on the bench and curls in the squat rack

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much did you guys spend on that, all told? Rack, bench, weights, bars and tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bench was free, rack was $300 with free shipping, tree was $30 with no tax, one bar +240lbs of weight for $170, another bar+170lbs of weight for about $100, the other stuff I got when I was like 14.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can get tires for free usually if you have a way to get them back to your place.

    ReplyDelete