Monday, October 29, 2007

Training Log: Entry 486

DE upperbody

Speed bench of 170
8x3

Notes: Was doing a better job of staying tight and exploding up.  Shoulders weren't coming off the bench like usual in the middle reps.  Abs are killing me from ab wheel yesterday, so first few reps were murder to get the arch on.

CG bench of 215
7,7,7,5

Notes: Paid off not to increase the weight too much.  Nailed almost everything.  Might move up again next time.  Think I won't tuck my shoulders on this movement like regular bench.  Tends to tear more when I do the former over the latter.

DB overhead press of 55lbs
7,7,5,5

Notes: Time to change this lift I think.  Shoulders were dying and pressing was difficult.  Maybe an incline press instead, or even some raises.

Bent over BB rows of 145
10,10,8,7

Notes: Again, didn't increase weight much.  Form totally clicked on this, great pull in lats.  Burning out on the last set, but all in all, best performance I've had. 

EZ bar curls of 85
8,5,3*

Notes: Was totally fried when I tried this.  Last set was all cheat curls.  Couldn't even bend my arms, forearms were too inflated to move.  Maybe change these to a DB curl variant.

No comments:

Post a Comment